Ethereum and XRP Whales suddenly are active, Move nearly $300M in Crypto in just 24 hours
Whale addresses are transferring nearly $300 million worth of Ethereum (ETH) and XRP in just 24 hours this week, according to data from crypto transaction tracking platform Whale Alert.
In one of the largest transactions, Whale Alert reported that an unknown wallet moved 38,781 Ethereum worth more than $52 million to another unknown wallet on Monday.
On the same day, crypto exchange FTX also transferred 150,000 XRP worth over $58 million to an unknown wallet.
Less than an hour later, an unknown wallet sent the same amount of XRP, worth about $57 million at the time, to another unknown wallet.
Other notable Ethereum and XRP transfers by high net worth traders on Whale Alert's radar include:
- 8,426 ETH worth $11.52 million transferred from an unknown wallet to FTX
- 12,497 ETH worth $17.07 million transferred from unknown wallet to FTX
- 8,872 ETH worth $12.01 million transferred from crypto exchange Gemini to an unknown wallet
- 35,000,000 XRP worth $13.26 million transferred from crypto exchange Bittrex to unknown wallet
- 26,600,000 XRP worth $10.3 million transferred from crypto exchange Bitso to unknown wallet
- 39,724,954 XRP worth $15.21 million transferred from crypto exchange Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 30,000,000 XRP worth $11.48 million transferred from unknown wallet to Bitso
- 35,000,000 XRP worth $13.42 million transferred from an unknown wallet to Bitstamp
- 30,033,000 XRP worth $11.19 million transferred from Bitstamp to FTX
- 35,000,000 XRP worth $13.04 million transferred from an unknown wallet to Bitstamp
ETH is currently trading at $1,343, up just over 2% in the past 24 hours. XRP is trading at $0.4094 at press time, up about 8% on the day.
Sep 21, 2022