What is CoinMarketCap? How to watch CoinMarketCap for beginners
Coinmarketcap is a website that provides data on cryptocurrencies in circulation in the world. If you are a person who has or is learning / investing in coins, you cannot ignore this website that provides information about the world's largest cryptocurrency. In this article, Fox Crypto News will show you how to watch CoinMarketCap for beginners.
What is Coinmarketcap?
Coinmarketcap is considered a dictionary containing information of all digital currencies, the above figures are up to date. With Coinmarketcap you will see many types of information such as: Price fluctuations of coins, reserves, trading volume over time, exchange rates, see the coin's official website or social media activities In addition to providing detailed data, Coinmarketcap doesn't recommend buying one coin or selling another, they only partly help you get an overview of the market, do comparisons, measurement and statistics to make the right investment strategies profitable.
Instructions on how to view CoinMarketCap
What are the metrics on the homepage
1. Cryptocurrency: How many digital coins are in circulation, currently more than 1400 coins.
2. Markets: Total number of exchanges that are active for trading
3. Market cap: Total market capitalization, ie how many USD is needed to buy this entire virtual currency market.
4. 24h vol: Total trading volume in 24 hours, in USD
5. BTC dominate: Bitcoin's capitalization (dominance) ratio compared to the whole market.
6. Website currency and language version options
7. Marketcap: Sort coins by
- All: All
- Coins: Standard Coins
- Token: Coins developed on other platforms
8. Trade Volume: Trading volume of coins (calculated on all exchanges)
- 24 Hour Volume Rankings (Currency): Trading volume of each coin in 24 hours.
- 24 Hour Volume Rankings (Exchange): Trading volume of each exchange in 24 hours.
- Monthly Volume Rankings (Currency): Transaction volume of each coin divided over a larger time period.
9. Trend: Market trend
- Gainers and Losers: Statistics of coins that increase in price and decrease in price into 2 separate groups for you to see.
- Recently Added: Recently added coins.
- Global Charts: Graph of the total market capitalization of the entire virtual currency market.
- Historical Snapshots: View the volatility history of coins (from 2013 to present)
- Currency Converter Calculator: A tool to calculate and convert exchange rates
- Website Widgets: Provide the code to insert into the website
11 – 12 -13 Marketcap, price and volume 24h mean respectively: Total capitalization, price, total trading volume in 24h for each coin.
14. Circulating Supply: The amount of coins that have been mined in circulation in the market.
15. Charge (24h): % of coin's price fluctuation in 24h
16. Price Graph (7d): Waveform chart showing the rise and fall of the coin's price over 7 days.
Figures in the details page of each coin
- Website: Official website of current coin
- Announcement: See the announcement on bitcointalk.org
- Explorer: View more detailed information, possibly including multiple explorer items
- Message Board: Similar to Explorer
- Chat: Discuss on social networks (telegram)
- Source code: See the coin's background code overview on the archive pages
- Rank: Rank on coinmarketcap
- Coin: Type – can be token or coin
The current price of the coin (usd), next to the 24h percentage growth, right below is the price of BTC.
- Marketcap: Total market capitalization
- 24h volume: 24 hour weighted trading volume
- Circulating Supply: The total number of units of that coin being mined and circulated in the market.
- Max Supply: Maximum amount of bitcoins
- Chart: Price tracking chart
- Market: View exchanges
- Social: View the coin's social media channels
- Tool: Embed price viewing tools in the web
- Historical data: View history
Aug 22, 2022